Announcements include investments in new products, licensing deals, and seasonal offerings
June 21, 2021
Ferrero North America, part of the global confectionery company Ferrero Group, is showcasing new products and initiatives coming to the U.S. at the 2021 Sweets & Snacks Expo, the confectionery and snack industry event sponsored by the National Confectioners Association taking place June 23-25 in Indianapolis.
"With the re-opening of the economy, consumers are more ready than ever to be excited with Innovation and Product News," said Paul Chibe, President and CEO of Ferrero North America. “Ferrero’s announcements at Sweets & Snacks demonstrate how we keep our brands fresh and relevant through new products, new flavors, and new partnerships."
Ferrero's announcements include:
• 100Grand® Share Pack is an elongated 3-bar pack from 100 Grand®. This will be the first of many changes that the brand will be unveiling to help consumers “Feel like 100 Grand.” The new 100Grand® Share Pack will roll-out in stores in January.
• Butterfinger® Baking Bits feature the same crispety crunchety, peanut-buttery® taste that you love in a Butterfinger® bar in ready-made bits perfect to help you bake better. Butterfinger® Baking Bits are hitting shelves this summer.
• Butterfinger®, CRUNCH®, and Baby Ruth® Minis will be reinvented with new standout graphics and packaging. These new Minis packs will help reinforce the shareability of these iconic beloved brands. Get your candy bowls ready, because these new packs begin to hit shelves February 2022.
• Ferrero Golden Gallery Signature® is introducing two new flavors to its fine assortment of exceptionally crafted chocolates this fall. These new flavors include Caramel Intenso, an intense dark chocolate shell that hides a smooth, rich caramel center delicately flavored with a hint of sea salt, and Chocolate Sonetto, luscious milk chocolate, studded with hazelnut and almond bits that is finished with a delicate dusting of finely grated white chocolate.
• Kinder Joy® Barbie “You Can Be Anything” Eggs: parents, this fall Kinder Joy® is revealing a new licensed product that feature toys designed in partnership with Barbie, featuring 12 toys and five accessories that are compatible with the newly launched Applaydu app.
• Kinder Joy® National Park Foundation Eggs: parents, this winter Kinder Joy® is revealing new limited-edition eggs in partnership with the National Park Foundation. Each of the 16 unique animal toys will feature a realistic, digital counterpart that comes to life through augmented reality in the newly launched Applaydu app.
• Kinder Bueno® Mini: Kinder Bueno®, which recently landed in the top 10 of IRI's 2020 Food and Beverage New Product Pacesetters report, is bringing its expectation-defying taste experience to a perfectly sharable form with the new Kinder Bueno® Mini. Kinder Bueno® Mini features the same sensational taste and texture of Kinder Bueno®, just in mini format. Each package includes individually wrapped, bite-size pieces, making it easy to share with friends and family. Kinder Bueno® Mini are available now at retailers nationwide, in 5.7oz Share Packs or 9.5oz Family Packs.
• Nutella &GO!® Multigrain Sticks is a brand-new offering from Nutella®, featuring, hearty sticks of oats and blueberries made to dip into the creamy hazelnut and cocoa deliciousness of Nutella®. Nutella &GO!® Multigrain Sticks is made to be enjoyed anytime, anywhere to satisfy the craving for a delicious snack.
• Tic Tac® “Gentle Messages” packs feature limited edition sayings designed to spark confidence in consumers to engage in fun activities and make moments of connection. Consumers can submit a photo via hashtag showcasing how Tic Tac® inspired a new moment for a chance to win prizes. Tic Tac® Gentle Messages will be available in Freshmint, Orange and Fruit Adventure flavors in single and bottle packs this January.
• Tic Tac® Tropical Adventure is a brand-new addition to the Adventures sub-line, and will take your taste buds to flavor paradise. It features four delicious fruity flavors: pineapple, mango, banana, and passion fruit, which come together to form one vibrant and adventurous pack. Tic Tac® Tropical Adventure will be available in single and bottle packs this January.
Ferrero is also investing in growth in its seasonal business, with innovations for Halloween Holiday, Valentine’s Day, and Easter announced across the full portfolio. For the 2021 Halloween season, new products include Butterfinger® Zombie Eyeballs and CRUNCH® Monster Eye. For the 2021 Holiday season, new products include Grand Ferrero Rocher® Dark, Fannie May® Dark Chocolate Peppermint S’mores Snack Mix, CRUNCH® Minis Holiday Cane and Tic Tac® Naughty or Nice. New designs for Valentine’s Day 2022 include Ferrero Rocher® 3 Piece Greeting Card and Butterfinger® Heart Shaped Box. For Easter 2022, a Kinder® Mix with Plush Easter Gift Box, CRUNCH® Bunny, Ferrero Rocher® 7 Piece Blooming Pack, Ferrero Collection® Bunny, and more.
The reveals come on the heels of a period of rapid growth for the company. Recently Ferrero has expanded its North America headquarters in New Jersey, opened 3 new distribution centers across the country, and announced the company’s first North American chocolate plant in Illinois. Company revenues have grown 10.4% so far this year, making Ferrero one of the fastest growing confectionery companies in the U.S.¹
Follow @FerreroNACorp on Twitter and @FerreroNACorp on Instagram.
For all media inquiries, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
¹Source: IRI Data, MULO + Conv latest 52 weeks ending May 16th ,2021.